Production of Ferro-alloys, Aluminum, and Methanol from Low-calorie Coal
We would like to present the TRO-SYSTEM - the most efficient coal utilization process with the edge of technology
equipment. It turns production of energy, ferroalloys, aluminum, methanol,
rare and dispersed elements into one integrated, efficient and
environmentally clean process fully complied with Kyoto protocol standards.
The main advantages of the TRO-SYSTEM
- The efficiency of Thermal Electrical Station (TES) could be raised up to 54-57%. The most of existing TES’s efficiency is 37-
- Capital investment reduced by 25-35%.
- The most efficient and stable TES utilization by making ferroalloys, aluminum and
methanol during low demand hours.
- The physical not chemical method of chemical element extraction is used. It is the most
efficient and environmentally cleanest process of the full utilization of coal components.
- The emission of highly toxic, carcinogenic and mutagenic elements is lower than
on any existing thermal station or metallurgical plant.
- Implementation of the system limits new mines elaboration that
preserves the fertile land for the farming needs.
- Carbon dioxide emission is reduced to 50% and could be completely eliminated by
directing CO2 to the deep layers of Earth. It helps to resolve the hotbed
problem on the Earth.
There are 2 models of the TRO-SYSTEM.
It produces the heat and power and requires the heat user nearby to
It is based on the coal burning in the oxygen stream generated by
the diaphragm technology. As result the temperature of the gas in the
turbine entrance goes up to 2000-2100 C and efficiency jumps up to 54 –
57% (comparing to 35 to 40% on existing power plants).
The special stuff is used to build the turbine to handle up to 2100 C.
The main goal of the TRO-SYSTEM 2 is
power generation only (no heat user required).
It is based on the coal suspension electrolysis under high pressure
with the temperature of 200 –250C and the output is hydrogen and carbon
dioxide. Then the purified hydrogen reacts to oxygen in the Electro-Chemical
Generator (ECG) where the energy of the chemical reaction is converted into
electrical power directly without heat energy generation. The efficiency of
the Tro-system2 is 54 – 57%.
Up to date project status
- High temperature turbine – in development.
- Coal pulp electrolyzer– completed. In testing stage.
- Electro-Chemical Generator - completed. Testing is in preparation stage.
- 2.5 tons of Ferrosilisicaluminum alloys were produced in pilot furnace.
- Centrifuge for aluminum separation from Ferrosilisicaluminum alloys – completed. In
27 Million tons coal a year produce:
||54.7 billion kWt.
||0.75 million tons
||2.23 million tons
|Rare and dispersed elements
||0.02 million tons
||1.8 million tons
|Pilot installation price
|Recoupment of capital investments
- Financing and partnership in the Tro-system implementation.
- Joint patents preparation.
- License to use the Tro-system.
Companies participated in the system development
- Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems of the Ukrainian National Academy of Science. Dm. Pogharskogo 2/10, Kharkov-61046,
- Academy of Mine,s Sciences, Kiev, Ukraine
- Private company ‘Podzemenergo’, Donetsk, Ukraine
1. Dr. Boris A. Troshenkin - Leading specialist on thermodynamic and ecology.
E-mail: troshenkin@uk; email@example.com
2. R. Geytsman – B. Troshenkin associate in the USA.
Phone: (973) 872-0495
Information supplied by the Author January 2003. Page last
updated: January 19, 2004